Road Test Day: 9 Tips & Techniques for the Day of…
- Do NOT study or read the day of your road test.
- Get as much sleep as you can the night before the road test.
- Eat a good meal an hour or so before your road test.
- Do a pre-trip inspection on your vehicle prior to the road test.
- Vehicle relatively clean – no fast food wrappers in the footwells.
- No pets in the vehicle – leave Woofy or Whiskers at home.
- Adequate fuel for the trip.
- Parking & clearance lights;
- Brake lights all work.
- Licence plates (front & rear) with valid insurance.
- Doors open & close from inside & out.
- Glass & mirrors are clean – a huge portion of any road test is observation.
- Know the hand signals for a car or motorcycle test.
- Wear and have appropriate apparel.
- Motorcycle – protective gear & helmet.
- Car – comfortable clothing and shoes with a low heel.
- Bus or Truck – coveralls, gloves, safety gear.
- Remember to breathe.
- Bring the required paperwork:
- A secondary piece of identification
- Money for licencing fees.
- Be sure to use the bathroom before your test.
What is your road test story?