Our most inclusive course!
A Class 1 driver training course designed to give students exposure to a wide cross-section of the trucking industry.
Students, for example, take hours of service, load securement, and winter driving. As well, students gain valuable experience driving a wide range of equipment.
This course is specifically designed to maximize the student’s experience with different vehicle configurations. The student will receive a well-rounded driver education of tractor-trailer, gravel truck, truck & pup, mountain driving & coach (bus) training.
This course includes:
- 16 hours of ICBC Certified Air Brake instruction
14 hours classroom theory:
- 4 hours of Service Regulations (Log Books)
- 4 hours on Load Security and Tie-Down Procedures
- 2 hours of Tire Chain-up and Winter Driving Preparation
- 4 hours Defensive Driving
62 hours one-on-one in-truck training:
- 32 hours of Class 1 Basic training
- 8 hours Mountain Driving
- 6 hours of Coach (bus) training
- 16 hours of Low-bedding (Theory and Practical)
EXTRA COSTS TO STUDENTS CHARGED BY ICBC
$80 - $130.00
If writing Class 1 Learners and Air Brake tests in one visit total cost is only $ 15.00
Students must give 24 hours notice if not able to attend scheduled lessons or they will be charged.